With three days in San Jose, you can relax into the city’s natural rhythm, which blends the sounds of tropical birdsong, bustling markets, and salsa beats. You’ll have plenty of time to take in the key sights, including Costa Rica’s lush rain forest, volcanic peaks, and coffee farms. Here’s how.
Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park
Imagine soaring at 55mph while 300 feet above ground. Unlike a standard zipline, however, you’re stomach down in a “Superman” position, arms extended before you, as you fly across a lush preserve of Costa Rican forest. This is just one of the adventures available at Turubari Tropical Park, a 538-acre reserve between San José and the sea. Aside from the aerial, “Superman” cable, visitors can strap in a harness and helmet and ride the 8 different ziplines, or spend a few hours up in the saddle while horseback riding through gardens. The park is comprised of over 70,000 plants, and trained guides lead nature hikes that discuss the area’s natural flora and pristine mountain habitat. Because the park is an hour from the coast, it’s a popular choice for shore excursions while docking in Puntarenas.
Prices vary by different activities, and all visitors should bring closed-toed shoes and pants for hiking or riding. Last entry is at 3pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park?
What else should I know about attractions in San Jose?
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Limon
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in San Blas Islands
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Rescate Animal Zooave
- Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)
- La Sabana Park
- Costa Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)
- Poas Volcano National Park
- San Jose Central Market (Mercado Central)
- Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)
- National Theater (Teatro Nacional)
- Plaza de la Cultura
- Morazan Park
- Gold Museum
- Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)
- Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)