Temple Mickve Israel
You can visit the historic attraction and place of worship either on a tour of the temple or by taking part in services. Take a weekday tour of Temple Mickve Israel, which are led by docents who share details about the temple's history and architecture. While tours are not offered on weekends, you can join the congregation for Saturday services, Friday night Shabbat, and other religious holidays.
Things to Know Before You Go
The temple attracts architecture enthusiasts, religious visitors, and passers-by.
Tours typically take less than 45 minutes, but allow extra time to explore the gift shop.
Events on the Jewish High Holidays fill up, and preference is given to members of the congregation.
The temple is wheelchair accessible with an elevator to take you the sanctuary.
How to Get There
Temple Mickve Israel is located off Monterey Square on Bull Street, and the entrance for tours is at 20 Wayne Street. The temple’s central location in Savannah’s historic district makes it easy to reach on foot, by car, or by public transportation.
When to Get There
To take a tour, visit on a weekday between midmorning and midafternoon. You can attend religious services Friday night and Saturday. Check the congregation’s calendar for details about services and other events. The annual Shalom Y’All Jewish Food Festival is held on the last Sunday of October.
Shalom Y’All Jewish Food Festival
Mickve Israel Congregation’s annual Jewish food festival draws about 10,000 people to Monterey Square on the last Sunday of October. The free festival boasts authentic Jewish cuisine—potato latkes, homemade challah, hummus and pita—live music, and shopping stalls. Food tickets can be purchased in advance at the temple office or day-of at the event.
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Gainesville
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Florida
- Mercer Williams House Museum
- Massie Heritage Center
- Andrew Low House
- Sorrel Weed House
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
- Reynolds Square
- Historic Savannah Theatre
- Beach Institute African American Cultural Center
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace
- Gribble House Paranormal Experience
- Forsyth Park
- Telfair Museums Jepson Center
- Savannah History Museum
- Owens-Thomas House
- Davenport House Museum