Top Saxony Seasonal & Special Occasions
Saved to wishlist!
4 results | All Saxony Tours
The nocturnal atmosphere of a big city is a special insight into the life of the inhabitants of a city. With this guided bike tour, the traveler experiences this flair of Dresden, the tourist but also the local part. It is a special niche product with individual tips and insights at night. Simply enjoy this tour with the atmosphere between sunset and night when traffic is calmer. For photographers it is a new way of looking for motifs, for those listening it is an exhilarating experience and for optically oriented guests it is a festival of light. See the other side of Dresden through the eyes of a nocturnal being to motivate and further shape your stay in Dresden.
With the fascinating historical scenery of the city centre, the Christmas Market is the perfect place to get your Holidays groove on the move. Come and stroll through quaint town squares lighten up by the twinkling Christmas lights, while visiting the many wooden stalls selling spiced mulled wine, many hand made decorations, chocolate covered fruits, cinnamon pastry, roasted almonds and other local mouth watering delicacies. All that while enjoying a profound knowledge of the past and present of these Christmas traditions, well known by our local guide. Experience the joy of Christmas in the best place and step into the wonderful world of the Holidays. This tour is only available during the following dates: 23 November until the 23 Dezember 2021 Any booking after or before these dates will be cancelled, due to the fact that the Christmas Markets are not open for business.
You haven’t seen Christmas in Germany if you didn’t go to Dresden! The city has the largest number of Christmas markets in eastern Germany, a total of 11, and it is the site of the oldest still standing seasonal event in the country. In 1434 Dresden issued the first permit for a food market on Christmas Eve, marking the very beginning of the Christmas Market tradition in Germany. It is one of the most traditional, with many traditions related with the city’s local industries, like mining, woodworking and pottery. You will learn about: The fascinating history and stunning architecture of this old german city About the rise of the city into a major cultural center before it met its tragic fate during WWII The history of the Catholic Court Church History of the Striezelmarkt The connection to the Erzgebirge of a certain Christmas delicacy
The exclusive tour only in the Christmas period! This special times brings magic Dresden city. Together with the professional local guide, you will visit the most beautifully decorated places. You will feel spellbound with the charming atmosphere in the streets which you can feel only this time of the year! What is the story of the Christmas tree? Who was the first to decorate it in the world? What magical things can happen during the Christmas period? Have you heard about Christmas spells? You will hear miraculous Christmas legends about Dresden city. You will visit the old-fashioned Christmas Market in the city, called Striezelmarkt. What makes it so popular? What local products is must taste at Christmas? Fill your heart with the joy and experience magic of Dresden city.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Seasonal & Special Occasions in Saxony?
The best Seasonal & Special Occasions in Saxony according to Viator travelers are:
What Seasonal & Special Occasions in Saxony are taking additional safety precautions?
These Saxony experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Things to do in Dresden
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Schonefeld
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Rhine River
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Austrian Alps
- Things to do in Alsace
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets