Casa de la Memoria
Casa de la Memoria is one of Seville’s smaller venues for classical Flamenco and boasts a roster of award-winning dancers and musicians. The theater (which looks out on the courtyard of the famous Palacio de Lebrija) hosts two shows a night, at 7:30pm and 9pm, and occasionally offers an additional performance at 10:30pm. Given the popularity of flamenco in Seville, you’ll want to book your tickets in advance to guarantee entry.
Recent reviews from experiences in Seville
Things to Know Before You Go
Unlike many other flamenco venues, Casa de la Memoria doesn’t serve food or drinks.
The theater is small, so book admission in advance and arrive early to grab the best seats.
Casa de la Memoria does not allow children under 6 years old.
The building is wheelchair accessible, but some seats are elevated.
How to Get There
Casa de la Memoria is situated in the heart of Seville’s old town, and most travelers find it easiest to walk to the venue. There are also two public bus stops nearby: Imagen (Plaza Encarnación) and Villegas (Plaza El Salvador). Parking is limited in and around Casa de la Memoria, so plan accordingly if you drive there.
When to Get There
This venue is open nightly with performances at 7:30pm and 9pm. Shows often sell out, so reserve tickets in advance to guarantee entry. The theater has open seating, so plan to arrive early to get the best tables in the house.
Where to Eat and Drink Nearby
Casa de la Memoria doesn’t serve food or beverages, so you’ll likely want to enjoy dinner and drinks before or after the show. Travelers looking for authentic tapas can head to Los Coloniales or Bodega Santa Cruz (both about a 10-minute walk from the theater), while seafood lovers may prefer the freshly-caught fish and shellfish La Azotea. All three restaurants require reservations.
- Things to do in Andalucia
- Things to do in Cádiz
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Benahavis
- Things to do in Marbella
- Things to do in Tarifa
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Faro
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Lisbon
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Costa del Sol
- Things to do in The Algarve
- Historic Center of Seville (Centro Historico de Sevilla)
- Plaza de España
- Church of the Divine Savior (Iglesia del Salvador)
- Flamenco Dance Museum (Museo del Baile Flamenco)
- Museum of Fine Arts of Seville (Museo de Bellas Artes)
- Aire Ancient Baths Sevilla
- Pilate's House (La Casa de Pilatos)
- Seville Cathedral (Catedral de Santa María de la Sede)
- The Giralda (El Giraldillo)
- Barrio Santa Cruz
- Seville Opera (Sevilla de Opera)
- General Archive of the Indies (Archivo General de Indias)
- Casa de la Guitarra
- El Arenal District
- Seville Bullring (Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza de Cabellería de Sevilla)