Medieval Torture Museum
An experiential exhibit, you not only view torture instruments on display, but you also walk through a gallery space that recreates the use of chilling torture devices of the Middle Ages. Prebook entry to this popular attraction, check out the wax figures and torture devices, and learn how the devices were used. For an activity-packed day, pair a museum visit with a stop at the Micro Masterpieces Art Gallery, or nearby historic attractions, such as the Colonial Quarter.
Recent reviews from experiences in St Augustine
Things to Know Before You Go
History fans find several hundred objects, filling 4,000 square feet (371.6 square meters) of gallery space.
The Medieval Torture Museum is not a good choice for the squeamish.
Families with young kids should skip the gruesome Medieval Torture Museum.
How to Get There
The Medieval Torture Museum is located in downtown St. Augustine, Fla., at 100 Saint George Street. The most convenient way to reach the museum is to drive. Paid street and garage parking is nearby. If you prefer not to drive, take a hop-on hop-off trolley tour; most tours stop near popular downtown St. Augustine sights.
When to Get There
The Medieval Torture Museum is open daily, year-round. There's no bad time to visit Florida, but keep in mind that Florida summers are known for their heat and humidity. Expect crowds if you visit over winter holidays, since Florida is a popular winter getaway destination.
Marvel at Some of the World's Smallest Works of Art
To enjoy masterful works of art on a small scale, don't miss the Micro Masterpieces Art Gallery, which shares a location with the Medieval Torture Museum. Find tiny works spanning genres and styles, from paintings and sculpture to etchings. Prebook skip-the-line admission tickets to the gallery, or book a combo ticket to enjoy entry to both attractions for one low price.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Gainesville
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Micro Masterpieces Art Gallery
- Governor's House Cultural Center and Museum
- Colonial Quarter
- St. Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument
- Flagler College
- Spanish Military Hospital Museum
- Potter's Wax Museum
- Memorial Presbyterian Church
- Father Miguel O'Reilly House Museum
- Oldest Wooden School House
- Lightner Museum
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! St. Augustine
- González-Alvarez House (Oldest House Museum Complex)
- Whetstone Chocolates of St. Augustine