Fort De Soto Park Tours and Activities
Located off the coast of St. Petersburg, Fort De Soto Park is not your average ‘park.’ It’s actually 1,136 acres made up of five interconnected islands (keys) and is the largest park in the Pinellas County park system. With seven miles of waterfront, including almost three miles of beautiful, white sand beaches, Fort De Soto is a popular destination for both visitors and guests to the St. Petersburg area.
There’s plenty to do in Fort De Soto Park. History buffs can explore the historic fort while cyclists and walkers can enjoy seven miles of paved trails that run through the park. For nature lovers, it’s worth noting that the park is the start of the Great Florida Birding Trail (328 species of birds have been documented over 60 years and new species are being added every year) and offers the one of the greatest diversities of bird, sea life, plant and wild life in Florida. The beach is also a nesting ground for the loggerhead sea turtle between April and September. Add in the picnic area, kayak trail, camping areas, dog park and the ferry to Egmont Key State Park and there is plenty to see and explore during a visit to Fort De Soto.
Tours and Activities to Experience Fort De Soto Park
Frequently Asked Questions
- St Petersburg Speed Boat Adventure
- Tampa Bay Inshore Fishing Charters
- Stunning Helicopter flight over Skyway Bridge, Fort Desoto & St. Pete Beaches.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in Georgia