Founded in Austria in 1993, Artlandya has been open in its current Santa Bárbara location since 2012 and is a great way to see an off-the-beaten track side of Tenerife. At this quirky museum, you can learn about the history and production of dolls and teddy bears and see examples created by more than 50 different international artists. After exploring the museum’s exhibits and workshop, stroll through the adjoining garden, which features hibiscus, orange trees, and cacti.
Things to Know Before You Go
Artlandya will charm families with artists and travelers who like to stray from the beaten path.
There’s an onsite shop which sells dolls, teddies, and glass art, as well as a café.
Children 6 and under enter for free when accompanied by an adult.
Artlandya is both wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to Get There
Artlandya is situated in Santa Bárbara, about 1.5 miles (2.5km) from Icod de los Vinos, and is easily reached by Santa Bárbara’s number 358 bus. To drive, follow signs for Artlandya from the center of Icod de los Vinos; there’s free parking onsite.
When to Get There
Artlandya is open Tuesday–Sunday, except for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.
Explore Icod de los Vinos
Icod de los Vinos is a small municipality on Santa Cruz de Tenerife that is best known for its towering—and reportedly 1000-year-old—Drago Milenario tree. See this marvel in the eponymous Drago Park, which is also home to other endemic Canary Island flora, then explore in the largest volcanic cave in Europe, the Cueva del Viento, an underground passageway formed by old lava tubes.
- Things to do in Canary Islands
- Things to do in Gran Canaria
- Things to do in La Palma
- Things to do in Fuerteventura
- Things to do in Puerto del Rosario
- Things to do in Lanzarote
- Things to do in Arrecife
- Things to do in Funchal
- Things to do in Calheta
- Things to do in Agadir
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Marrakech
- Things to do in Madeira
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Central Morocco
- Drago Park (Parque del Drago)
- Teide Cable Car (Teleférico del Teide)
- Mt. Teide (El Teide)
- Loro Park (Loro Parque)
- Santiago del Teide
- Teide National Park (Parque Nacional del Teide)
- Masca Valley
- La Orotava Valley
- Los Roques de García
- Oasis Los Gigantes
- Pyramids of Güímar Ethnographic Park and Botanical Garden (Pirámides de Güímar)
- Monje Winery (Bodegas Monje)
- Las Águilas Jungle Park
- Siam Park