Loro Park (Loro Parque)
It’s hard to visit Tenerife without seeing the Loro Park flag fluttering around the island. Choose from among a few ticket options, including a basic admission ticket, a Premium ticket with included Discovery Tour and reserved show seats, or a dual-admission ticket to Loro Park and the nearby Siam Park water park. For a hassle-free day, book a ticket with roundtrip transfer from your Tenerife hotel. Those pressed for time can opt for a full-day tour of the island that includes both Loro Park and Teide National Park.
Things to Know Before You Go
Loro Park is a must-visit for families traveling with kids.
Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat, as not all areas are shaded.
Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to do a fair amount of walking.
Free WiFi is available throughout the park.
Most attractions at Loro Park are accessible to wheelchairs and strollers; both are available for rent.
How to Get There
Loro Park is in Tenerife’s north and is well signposted as you head north in the direction of Puerto de la Cruz. Alternatively, the Loro Parque Express train picks up travelers free of charge from the Plaza Reyes Católicos in Puerto de la Cruz.
When to Get There
Loro Park is open daily, with several shows and animal behavior demonstrations staged throughout the day. The park tends to get crowded in August, when many Europeans are on vacation.
The Porcelain Parrot Museum
Loro Park isn’t just home to live animals; it also has a quirky museum dedicated to three centuries of porcelain parrot figurines. Visit the museum to see these parrot statues before heading into the park, where 4,000 live parrots currently reside, representing 350 species and subspecies.
- Things to do in Canary Islands
- Things to do in Gran Canaria
- Things to do in La Palma
- Things to do in Fuerteventura
- Things to do in Puerto del Rosario
- Things to do in Lanzarote
- Things to do in Arrecife
- Things to do in Funchal
- Things to do in Calheta
- Things to do in Agadir
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Marrakech
- Things to do in Madeira
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Central Morocco
- La Orotava Valley
- Monje Winery (Bodegas Monje)
- Drago Park (Parque del Drago)
- Mt. Teide (El Teide)
- Teide Cable Car (Teleférico del Teide)
- Pyramids of Güímar Ethnographic Park and Botanical Garden (Pirámides de Güímar)
- Teide National Park (Parque Nacional del Teide)
- La Caldera
- Los Roques de García
- La Laguna
- Museum of Science and the Cosmos (Museo de las Ciencias y el Cosmos)
- Santiago del Teide
- Masca Valley