Monkey Park Tenerife
As you walk through the habitats of the monkeys, you can feed the primates with food purchased from the park entrance. Monkey Park Tenerife also has a petting zoo home to tortoises and guinea pigs, in addition to enclosures with iguanas, crocodiles, big cats, and exotic birds. You can purchase your admission ticket for the park at the entrance hall or book in advance via the park’s website.
Things to know before you go
- Only food purchased at the park entrance is permitted inside.
- The park is stroller- and wheelchair-accessible.
- There are no restaurants or snack facilities inside the park, so be sure to take snacks and drinks to tide you over.
How to get there
Monkey Park is situated in Arona, a 5-minute drive from the centers of both Los Cristianos and Playa de las Americas. If traveling by car along the TF1 freeway, take exit 26 and then head towards San Lorenzo.
When to get there
The park is open daily, year-round from the morning until the early evening. If visiting during the school holidays in peak season, expect to wait in line to purchase a ticket.
Increase your chances of spotting monkeys and other creatures in their natural environment by exploring some of Tenerife’s national parks. Top picks include Teide National Park, famous for its otherworldly volcanic landscapes and native fauna, and Corona Forestal Natural Park, where dense pine forests harbor diverse species of birds.
- Las Águilas Jungle Park
- Las Vistas Beach (Playa de las Vistas)
- Siam Park
- El Médano
- Los Roques de García
- Teide National Park (Parque Nacional del Teide)
- Teide Cable Car (Teleférico del Teide)
- Mt. Teide (El Teide)
- Oasis Los Gigantes
- Santiago del Teide
- Masca Valley
- Drago Park (Parque del Drago)
- Pyramids of Güímar Ethnographic Park and Botanical Garden (Pirámides de Güímar)