Looming 902 meters over the colorful spa town of Caldas de Monchique below, Mt Fóia is the Algarve’s highest peak and makes a scenic day trip from nearby Portimão. It’s the spellbinding views that make Fóia so popular, spanning the rugged Serra de Monchique mountain range, the Alvor River, Portimão, and on clear days, the ocean-lapped cliffs along the Atlantic coast.
Hiking to the summit is a worthwhile challenge for adventurous travelers, but the mountaintop can also be reached by car, where there are two main viewpoints and a cluster of restaurants offering equally impressive views.
Mt Fóia Tours
Should I book Mt Fóia tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Mt Fóia 2021?
What's the best way to experience Mt Fóia ?
- Algarve Wine Tour and Mountain Discovery With Lunch at Mountain Top
- Road Bike challenging ride
- Amazing West Day Trip: Silves, Fóia, Lagos & Cape St. Vincent
- Small-Group Day Tour of Silves and Monchique with Wine Tasting
Things to do near The Algarve
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Albufeira
- Things to do in Faro
- Things to do in Alentejo
- Things to do in Costa del Sol
- Things to do in Andalucia
- Things to do in Setubal District
- Things to do in Lisbon
- Things to do in Cádiz
- Things to do in Cascais
- Things to do in Beiras
- Things to do in Northern Morocco
- Things to do in Northern Portugal
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Castile and León