Just 29 km (18 miles) north-west of Faro airport, Vilamoura sits on the Algarve’s Atlantic shoreline and is the region’s classiest purpose-built leisure resort. The town and its four international-level golf courses are a destination for golfers and sailors and the location of world-class sporting events throughout the year. The hub of Vilamoura activity lies around the marina and its palm-lined esplanade, which brims over with bars, restaurants and late-night clubs as well as high-end fashion stores and classy hotels.
Despite its reputation as a party town, Vilamoura caters extensively for families. Of its two golden-sand beaches, Praia da Rocha Baixinha is a designated family-friendly beach, with lifeguards constantly on duty. Both have water sports facilities, while boat tours leave the marina daily on dolphin- and whale-spotting expeditions. Zoomarine Algarve is close by at Guia and Krazy World Zoo is inland just north of Algoz. Other local distractions from sunbathing on the beach include the Roman ruins nearby at Cerro da Vila, the monthly Sunday flea market at Loulé and the charms of Faro as well as the beaches and daily fish market at Quarteira.
Should I book Vilamoura tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Vilamoura 2021?
What's the best way to experience Vilamoura?
- Jet Boat from Vilamoura Marina
- Flight experience over the beach in paragliding / paratrike in the Algarve.
- 2 Days Private Tour In the Algarve from Lisbon
- 2 Day Private Tour of the Algarve from Lisbon
Things to do near The Algarve
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Albufeira
- Things to do in Faro
- Things to do in Alentejo
- Things to do in Costa del Sol
- Things to do in Andalucia
- Things to do in Setubal District
- Things to do in Lisbon
- Things to do in Cádiz
- Things to do in Cascais
- Things to do in Beiras
- Things to do in Northern Morocco
- Things to do in Northern Portugal
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Castile and León