Villa Garzoni Garden (Storico Giardino Garzoni)
The Garzoni Villa was built in the 17th century, but the gardens were redesigned in the 18th century by Ottaviano Diodati. The centerpiece is a set of twin water fountains next to a slope of manicured lawns and lush flower beds with staircases between them. Visitors can admire the villa and then wander the garden’s footpaths to find the hidden grottoes, bamboo groves, hedge theatres, statues of mythological creatures, and butterfly house.
Things to Know Before You Go
Though the garden welcomes families, visitors large and small are not allowed to walk on the lawns and flowerbeds or play in the fountains.
The garden is outdoors and must be visited on foot, so choose comfortable shoes and wear a hat and sunscreen.
Only the ground level of the garden,near the entrance, is accessible to wheelchair users.
The Villa Garzoni Restaurant next to the garden serves snacks and meals.
The garden is located near the Pinocchio Park in Collodi, and both attractions can be easily visited in a single day
Purchase tickets in advance to avoid having to wait in line to enter.
How to Get There
Villa Garzoni Garden is located in the town of Collodi and cannot be reached by public transportation. Take the A11 highway between Florence and Lucca and exit at Collodi.
When to Get There
The garden is open daily from March through October, and on Saturday and Sunday in the winter. Choose a clear, warm day to visit this outdoor attraction.
Pinocchio Park (Parco di Pinocchio)
This old fashioned theme park dedicated to Italy’s most famous wooden puppet is the other star attraction in the town of Collodi, birthplace of the character’s creator, Carlo Lorenzini. Families with young children enjoy the park’s Pinocchio-inspired statue garden, puppet shows, hedge maze, and vintage rides.
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Chianti
- Things to do in Livorno
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Pinocchio Park (Parco di Pinocchio)
- Devil's Bridge (Ponte del Diavolo or Ponte della Maddalena)
- Via Fillungo
- Piazza dell'Anfiteatro
- Guinigi Tower (Torre Guinigi)
- Lucca Clock Tower (Torre delle Ore)
- Church of San Michele in Foro (Chiesa di San Michele in Foro)
- Lucca Cathedral (Duomo di Lucca)
- Puccini e la sua Lucca International Permanent Festival
- Cathedral Museum Complex (Complesso Museale e Archeologico della Cattedrale di Lucca)
- Puccini Museum
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardiano di Vinci)
- Monumental Cemetery of Pisa (Camposanto Monumentale)
- Leaning Tower of Pisa