Serranos Towers (Torres de Serranos)
A popular photo op and architectural landmark in Valencia, the Serranos Towers are included on most walking, biking, and Segway tours of the city. Once at the towers, visitors can tour the battlements or climb to the top for views over the Turia riverbed and Barrio del Carmen neighborhood. Sightseeing tours that include the Serranos Towers can be combined with a visit to the City of Arts and Sciences or a traditional Valencia paella dinner.
Things to Know Before You Go
Offering one of the best views of Valencia, the Serranos Towers is a must for photographers.
Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking over uneven surfaces.
Be prepared to climb about 50 steps (some without handrails) to reach the top of the towers; there is no elevator.
How to Get There
The towers are located just north of the city center and south of Turia Gardens. They’re reachable on foot from most parts of the Old City, or you can take the metro to Alameda Station. Alternatively, arrive as part of a tour that includes round-trip transport.
When to Get There
The towers are open to visitors Tuesday to Sunday. Plan to visit first thing in the morning or just before sunset to capture the best photographs of the surrounding city.
Things to Do Barrio del Carmen
The Serranos Towers are situated in Valencia’s Barrio del Carmen neighborhood within the Old City. While you’re in the area exploring the Old City gates, swing by the Mossen Sorell Market to shop for gourmet goods, grab a drink at one of the busy pubs in Plaza del Tossal, or visit one of several museums, such as the Museo del Siglo XIX, Valencian Museum of Ethnology, or the house-museum of painter José Benlliure.
- Things to do in Benidorm
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Mallorca
- Things to do in Barcelona
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Toledo
- Things to do in Almeria
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Costa Blanca
- Things to do in Region of Murcia
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Quart Towers (Torres de Quart)
- Valencia Cathedral (Seu)
- Barrio del Carmen
- Museo de Bellas Artes de Valencia (Museum of Fine Arts)
- Plaza de la Reina
- Admiral’s Baths (Baños Arabes del Almirante)
- Silk Exchange (La Lonja de la Seda)
- Valencia Plaza del Mercado
- Institut Valencià d'Art Modern (IVAM)
- Valencia Central Market (Mercado Central de Valencia)
- Valencia Old Town
- House of San Vicente Ferrer
- Valencia Royal Gardens (Jardines del Real)
- Valencia City of the Arts & Sciences (Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias)
- Turia Riverbed Gardens (Jardí del Túria)