Top Valletta Kid-Friendly
Read MoreShow Less
With beaches lapped by calm Mediterranean waters, plenty of hotels with pools, and adventure hiding around every corner, Malta is the ideal destination for family vacations. See below for our top picks of things to do with the kids in Valletta.
- Enjoy a day out at the Sant’Antnin Family Park at Marsascala, where activities and entertainment include abseiling, live music, magic shows rock-climbing, and swimming in pools.
- Swim in the turquoise waters of the Blue Grotto on Malta’s south coast, and admire the awesome cliffs at Dingli—where land meets the Mediterranean Sea with a dramatic drop of 820 feet (250 meters).
- Watch the Noon Day Gun blasting across the Grand Harbour from Upper Barrakka Gardens, and take a walk around the fortified walls for great panoramic views.
- Visit the National War Museum at Fort St. Elmo and hear tales of Malta’s bravery in two world wars, then round off the day with a horse-drawn carriage ride around the bastions.
- Visit Popeye Village Fun Park for animated films, themed musical shows, and fun-filled play areas.
- Engage in the kids’ arts program at the St. James Cavalier Center for Creativity in Valletta.
- Try exciting water sports like wake-boarding and windsurfing at Mellieha, then hit the bowling alleys, ice-skating rinks, and movie theaters at Paceville.
- Spread your wings to the nearby islands of Gozo or St. Paul, or the historic streets of Mdina, to gain insight into Malta’s rich culture.
3 Valletta Kid-Friendly | All Valletta Tours
Visit Birdpark Malta and the National Aquarium on a half-day tour from Valletta. Have time at each place to learn about the many birds, animals, and marine creatures that live there, and watch them at play and at rest. Perfect for families and animal lovers of all ages.
Popeye Village has grown from its days as a Film Set of the 1980 Musical Production “Popeye” into a unique fun-filled day for all families. You will be greeted by Popeye and his famous friends who will entertain you during the day by their diverse activities. Visitors can enjoy a once in a lifetime filming experience with the animation crew where you can become a movie star for a day. Other attractions include: Santa’s toy town, boat ride, water trampolines, sun-bathing decks. Your children can also have fun in Malta’s largest jump around. Do not miss spending a fun-packed day at this original film set. Return transfer from Popeye Village at 16:00hrs. Lunch not included and this excursion is not guided.
Visit the Malta National Aquarium in Saint Paul's Bay for a family-friendly activity in Malta. View the fish and sharks from the walk-through tunnel in the main tank, and peruse the marine and land creatures found throughout the 41 displays in the aquarium.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Kid-Friendly in Valletta?
The best Kid-Friendly in Valletta according to Viator travelers are:
- Bird Park and Malta National Aquarium Half Day Tour
- Popeye Village - where the fun begins (including transport)
- Malta National Aquarium Entrance Ticket
- Teatru Manoel
- Msida Marina
- Auberge de Castille
- Great Siege of Malta & the Knights of St. John
- Malta 5D
- Fort St. Elmo & the National War Museum
- Malta Falconry Centre
- Marsamxett Harbour
- Church of St. Paul's Shipwreck
- Ta’ Xbiex
- Palazzo Parisio
- Tarxien Temples (It-Tempji ta' Hal Tarxien)
- Ghar Dalam Cave and Museum
- Hal Saflieni Hypogeum
- Lascaris War Rooms
- Casa Rocca Piccola
- National Museum of Archaeology, Malta
- Grandmaster's Palace
- St. James Cavalier Centre for Creativity (Spazju Kreattiv)
Things to do near Valletta
- Things to do in Mellieha
- Things to do in Syracuse
- Things to do in Agrigento
- Things to do in Catania
- Things to do in Taormina
- Things to do in Palermo
- Things to do in Messina
- Things to do in Aeolian Islands
- Things to do in Trapani
- Things to do in Sousse
- Things to do in Hammamet
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Sicily
- Things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Things to do in Puglia