Top Activities on the Ground in Versailles
Saved to wishlist!
Arts & Design
Mountain Bike Tours
Private Sightseeing Tours
Likely To Sell Out
Escape the Room
Self-guided Tours & Rentals
Golf Tours & Tee Times
Read MoreShow Less
There's a lot to see at the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Versailles Palace and Gardens, with its miles of hallways and manicured garden paths. For a pleasant experience, consider a walking or biking tour of the grounds. See below for your options.
- Travelers can choose between half-day and full-day tour options to match their preferences.
- With a guided tour, you'll gain insight into the palace's history and architecture from an expert guide.
- Transportation is typically provided from central Paris by bus or by train.
- Entrance to the palace and/or the gardens is usually included, depending on the tour.
The site's expansiveness make it hard to see everything in one trip, but on a walking tour, you'll have the help of a guide to make sure you don't miss any of the most important details. Some options include features such as entry to the palace’s seasonal fountain show.
At nearly 2,000 acres (800 hectares), the Gardens of Versailles are best explored on two wheels. With a guided bike tour, you can explore less-visited areas of the gardens, ride down tree-lined trails, and get a look at Marie Antoinette's Hameau and Petit Trianon. Tours also include time to visit the palace.
6 results | All Versailles Tours
Sort by: Featured
Experience the magnificence of Versailles on a fun full-day bike tour, including round-trip transfers by train from Paris. Meet your guide on arrival and spend the day pedaling around the beautiful parks, royal gardens, and forest trails. Stop to explore Marie Antoinette’s hamlet, snap photos of the grandiose palace from unique viewpoints and enjoy a picnic (own expense) along the Versailles' Grand Canal.
Experience the Palace of Versailles and its elegant surrounding gardens with this private tour, complete with skip-the-line access to the palace. Your personal, private guide will escort you through the palace and out into the gardens, where you'll get to zip around on your own four-seat golf cart while learning about the property’s rich history.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Take a guided tour of one of the world's most magnificent palaces. State Apartments, King's Bedroom, Mirror's Den, and more can all be found here. Like a true royal, skip the long lines. After the tour, you are free to explore the palace further on your own. The State Apartments, the King's Bedroom, and the Hall of Mirrors are all worth seeing. From King Louis XIV to Marie Antoinette, learn about the main figures of the French monarchy. ⚫ Full unrestricted access to the estate of Versailles. ⚫ Access to the Grand Trianon. ⚫ Access to the Petit Trianon and its gardens. ⚫ Access to the Queen's hamlet (Opening at noon). ⚫ Discover the temporary exhibitions inside the Palace. ⚫ Access to the Garden of the Palace - ponds, the parterres, the statues, the Orangerie. ⚫ Access to the Park. ⚫ 1-hour bike ride in the Park (If option is selected)
We were inspired by a real investigation into the heart of the poisons affair, which has never been resolved In addition to this, you will need to know more about it.
The site is located around a lake that is unique in Île-de-France, in the middle of nature, you will be able to enjoy this verdant landscape in height! If you love adrenaline, surpassing yourself and enjoying an unforgettable experience to reconnect with nature, you know what you have to do!
The bar in the trees is undoubtedly an iconic and unique place in the Ile-de-France region. Situated 15 metres above the ground, you will be able to refresh yourself with a variety of drinks, a privatized bar with an enclosure and a swing at your disposal for a festive and warm atmosphere and finally a breathtaking view on a green landscape.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best On the Ground in Versailles?
The best On the Ground in Versailles according to Viator travelers are:
What On the Ground in Versailles are taking additional safety precautions?
These Versailles experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Versailles Domain Guided Day Bike Tour with Palace Entrance from Paris by Train
- Private Versailles Tour | Royal Palace & Gardens Golf Cart Tour
- Versailles Palace, Gardens, Trianon & Grand Canal Park Audio Guided Tickets
- Tree Top Adventure in Moisson
- Accrobranches course in the middle of the forest in Saint-Germain-en-Laye
What On the Ground in Versailles are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Versailles may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Fun & Games
- On the Ground
- Golf Tours & Tee Times
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Obstacle Courses
- Scavenger Hunts
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Royal Opera of Versailles (L'Opéra Royal du Château de Versailles) Tours & Tickets
- Versailles Royal Chapel (La Chapelle Royale) Tours & Tickets
- Orangerie of Versailles (l’Orangerie de Versailles) Tours & Tickets
- Academy of Equestrian Arts Tours & Tickets
- Grand Canal Tours & Tickets
- Scent Courtyard (Cour des Senteurs) Tours & Tickets