Taman Safari Bogor (Bogor Safari Park)
The ticket cost to enter Taman Safari Bogor is high by Indonesian standards (although there are discounts for locals against the international prices), and there is a small additional charge for each vehicle. Locals typically drive here on a weekend day trip from Jakarta. Foreigners can request the safari park as a stop on a private tour of Bogor and its surroundings or join an organized Taman Safari Bogor tour from Jakarta.
Things to Know Before You Go
With a wealth of animals, from dolphins and elephants to tigers, Taman Safari Bogor is a good choice for families visiting Jakarta with kids.
Bring a sealable bag for your possessions if you’re planning on riding the theme park attractions.
Taman Safari Bogor offers caravan, “tree house,” and lodge accommodation should you wish to stay the night.
How to Get There
About an hour’s drive southeast of Bogor, Taman Safari Bogor sits off Route 11 on the way to Cianjur. It’s about a 2-hour drive from central Jakarta. The only practical ways to visit are on an organized tour or by driving West Java’s choked roads.
When to Get There
Taman Safari Bogor is open from morning until late afternoon seven days a week. It is at its busiest on weekends, although you can also expect crowds around Lebaran, the holiday that marks the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. For the most tranquil experience, visit midweek.
Indonesian Animals at Taman Safari
Straddling the Australian and Asian continental divides, Indonesia is rich in animal life, and you’ll find some rare Indonesian species among the 2,000 or so creatures at Taman Safari Bogor. Look out for Komodo dragons, the world’s largest lizards; orangutans, found in Borneo and Sumatra; and Borneo sun bears.
- Things to do in Jakarta
- Things to do in East Java
- Things to do in Bali
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Banyuwangi
- Things to do in Seminyak
- Things to do in Kuta
- Things to do in Jimbaran
- Things to do in Ubud
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in South Coast
- Gunung Mas Tea Gardens (Perkebunan Teh Gunung Mas)
- Bogor Botanical Gardens (Kebun Raya Bogor)
- Mt. Salak (Gunung Salak)
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park)
- Pejaten Village
- KidZania Jakarta
- Jalan Surabaya Market (Pasar Antik Jalan Surabaya)
- Indonesia National Monument (Monas)
- National Museum
- Glodok (Jakarta Chinatown)
- Museum Wayang (Puppet Museum)
- Fatahillah Square (Taman Fatahillah)
- Ancol Dreamland (Taman Impian Ancol)
- Sunda Kelapa (Jakarta Old Port)