* A traveler said: "Our Victorian guide was amazing - he managed to combine humour and spookiness with a genuine care for his guests. The real value is in the 'surprise factor' so we don't want to say any more. But you shouldn't leave York without giving this a go."
* A traveler said: "Great way to see the city and the main attractions. Buses are very regular so very little waiting around at stops. Buses with 'real life' guides are great as get lots of information and great interactive experience. Great value as tickets are valid for 24 hrs so can use over 2 days If desired. Very much enjoyed our journeys."
* A traveler said: "A fun outing with the slightly unhinged conductor who kept us all amused. Good special effects too. We never did find out where Margaret’s body was."
* A traveler said: "Mackenzie was a great host. Very entertaining and informative. We thoroughly enjoyed the ghost walk and would recommend it"
* A traveler said: "Really interesting lots of facts but great fun and mad Alice brought it all to life. Definitely worth it"
* A traveler said: "Dorian’s knowledge was extensive and the stories brilliantly told. Highlights were all the things that went wrong - broken suitcase, exploding torch and weird tourist trying to sneak through a tiny gap between Dorian and the wall - and his reaction- fabulous!"
* A traveler said: "Great value for money, 100% recommended. Flexibility is brilliant you can hop on and off the bus all day and not forced to complete trips in sequence, you can pick and choose excursions you wish. Entry wasn’t a problem and no cues to all excursions visited. Best way to tour York for novices. Buses every 10 mins and plenty of staff, bus and cruise was fully guided plus explaining all history of York. Food was brilliant at Ask Italian, limited choice and no set time to when you can arrive. The bus is open top and red. The postcode and address wasn’t correct so we struggled finding the pick up point this was the only downfall but we asked random people and found in the end, it’s near tourist information or the Art museum."
* A traveler said: "Great trip, Lee the driver very informative would recommend to go on this trip, fantastic scenery beautiful little villages,"
* A traveler said: "Relaxing on the river in the brilliant sunshine listening to the narrator inform about the history of Harrogate"
* A traveler said: "Enthusiastic and knowledgeable tour guide(Alfred) who wrapped together the history of York nicely. I feel I now understand Yorks story better, and it’s quite a story."
* A traveler said: "Was a lovely experience the staff where great, drinks a good price aswell, remember to take a coat gets a bit chilly"
* A traveler said: "Whole experience was just lovey. Food was restaurant style just needed some fans on upper deck as it became a bit styfuling. Views were beautiful. And skipper (Chris) was very informertive"
* A traveler said: "Had a really lovely time, it was a nice chilled end to the evening even in the rain! The staff were all great! Definitely woth doing when in york.😊"
* A traveler said: "Excellent. John had great knowledge. Thank you so much we both really enjoyed it!! Highly recommended!"
* A traveler said: "The staff on board were friendly and attentive. The sandwiches and cakes were delicious. Captain Kris was informative and knowledgable throughout the tour. He went above and beyond, welcoming all tourists personally when boarding the cruise. He took time to ask and check in with each and every person. A very relaxing and enjoyable outing!"
* A traveler said: "The guide was very informative about the local areas and its history. Always made sure we were OK and looked after us. Also gave good recommendations for the best places to eat along the journey."
* A traveler said: "Breathtaking views! Our second trip with BOBH and another fantastic day out. Mark our guide was very knowledgable, plenty of stops for photos in picturesque places! Amazing value for money"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Rich was fantastic, Happy and very detailed about his knowledge of York, would highly recommend this tour"
* A traveler said: "It was a very informative adventure add a really great time doing it and you got to see York in more ways that you could imagine"
* A traveler said: "Lad was full of information and very polite and the chocolate was lovely to taste we all really enjoyed it"
* A traveler said: "Great way to spend a lovely evening, fantastic food served up by pleasant and friendly staff and a commentary by captain Kris. Well worth a try. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Dave was extraordinarily knowledgeable and I really appreciated the detail he provided. He painted some wonderful historical scenes and did his best to make it an immersive experience."
* A traveler said: "2 adults, a 16 year old and a 10 year old and we all had a great time. Cecil and Claire very knowledgeable and great hosts."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Fairfax House
- Goddards House and Garden
- York Bird of Prey Centre
- Clifford's Tower
- York Cold War Bunker
- Forbidden Corner (Tupgill Park)
- Treasurer's House
- York Castle Museum
- York's Chocolate Story
- Eden Camp
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- The Deep
- Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar
- Yorkshire Museum of Farming
- Beningbrough Hall
- Mansion House
- Wensleydale Creamery
- Bridlington Birds of Prey & Animal Park
- Barley Hall
- York City Walls
- York Minster
- The Shambles
- Castle Howard
- Yorkshire Air Museum
- Captain Cook Memorial Museum
- Richard III Experience at Monk Bar
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in South Holland