Explore our promoted experiences
- Private 4-hour shore excursion from Marseille to Aix-en-Provence
- Walk along the famous Cours Mirabeau, lined with quaint cafes and shops
- Tour the city’s highlights, including the Cathédral Saint-Sauveur d’Aix and Place d’Albertras
- Visit Cézanne’s artist workshop at Les Lauves (own expense)
- Complimentary port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Upon arrival, you’ll disembark near Cours Mirabeau, the city’s main central boulevard. Stroll down the boutiquey thoroughfare and admire diverse markets, shops, bakeries, cafés and colorful, 19th-century buildings. Take in the scenery and enjoy fascinating stories about the town and its famous visitors and residents, including Albert Camus, Paul Cézanne and Émile Zola, as you follow your guide to the Place du Général de Gaulle.
As you tour the city, witness the spectrum of Aix’s preserved architecture, from 12th-century buildings to more ‘modern’ constructions dating from the last 300 years. Admire the town’s many spectacular fountains such as the Fontaine d’Eau Thermale (Thermal Water Fountain) and the Place d’Albertas fountain, and grand buildings like Cathédral Saint-Sauveur d’Aix and Hôtel de Ville (Town Hall).
Your tour includes an optional visit to the Atelier Paul Cézanne at Les Lauves (own expense), a must for any fan of Cézanne’s work. View the meticulously preserved studio where Cézanne created his final masterpieces and attend a memorable art workshop.
Your 4-hour private tour ends with a short drive back to your cruise ship port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Marseille port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wait at the exit of the ship/cruise terminal, do not start to walk on the port area.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Marseille Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Aix-en-Provence.