- Private, 1.5-hour tour of the Van Gogh Museum
- Explore one of Amsterdam's cultural highlights with an art historian guide
- Learn about the people, places and events that inspired Van Gogh's most iconic works
- Explore the collection chronologically to see the evolution of the artist's Impressionist style
- Great for both adults and school-age kids
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Main entrance by the curved glass wall. Clients must buy their tickets online beforehand. IMORTANT: Book in time block! Best is opening time, 9 AM. Clients must also book 1 FREE block ticket for the guide in that same time block. The Guide does not need a paid ticket.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
See the evolution of Van Gogh's work on a chronological tour, beginning with his early Nuenen ‘Potato Eaters’ phase and evolving into his participation in the Parisian Impressionist movement. Admire some of his most iconic paintings in a gallery devoted to his golden age in Arles, and the witness the effect of his declining mental state with beautiful but troubled works created in St Remy and Auvers-sur-Oise near the end of his life.
Throughout the 1.5-hour tour, see the most important and interesting pieces of the collection and learn about the real-life places and biographical events that inspired them. After bidding farewell to your guide, feel free to continue exploring the museum on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Make sure you buy a timed ticket online beforehand
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private Art Tours, Amsterdam / Lichaam & Ziel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.