10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the less-visited highlights of Matale on this full-day private tour from Dambulla. Your guide will provide commentary tailored to your interests as you visit the Euphoria Spice and Herbal Gardens, the mysterious Nalanda Gedige, ancient rock temple Aluvihara, and enjoy the sunset over Sembuwatta Lake. All activities are included, as is a cooking demo and traditional Sri Lankan lunch.
- Private guide dedicated to your party provides a personalized experience
- Tuk-tuk ride to Sembuwatte Lake
- Cooking demonstration with a traditional lunch
- Round-trip private transportation included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Damblla.
Transport by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
Cooking demo with traditional lunch.
2 x 500 ml water bottles per person.
Entrance tickets to the visiting sites. (Sembuwatte Lake, Nalanda Gedige, and Matale Alu Viharaya)
Food and beverages.
Expenses of personal nature.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel In Dambulla.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Comfortable walking shoes and hats are recommended
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Matale Highlands and Cooking Experience from Dambulla?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Matale Highlands and Cooking Experience from Dambulla?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Matale Highlands and Cooking Experience from Dambulla?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Matale Highlands and Cooking Experience from Dambulla?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Matale Highlands and Cooking Experience from Dambulla
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 2 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAnuradhapuraBus Tours - SigiriyaHistorical Tours - SigiriyaFull-day Tours - SigiriyaBus Tours - KandyHistorical Tours - KandyFull-day Tours - KandyBus Tours - NegomboHistorical Tours - NegomboFull-day Tours - NegomboCategory