Are you interested in?
622 Tours & Activities
1112 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
2277 Tours & Activities
4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Get an expert introduction to Athens’ most important archaeological sites—the Acropolis and Ancient Agora—during this walking tour with skip-the-line access. Slip past the crowds at the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens, where you learn about the Parthenon, Propylaea gateway, Temple of Athena Nike, Monument of Agrippa and more. After free time, follow your guide on foot through Athens' political center of Ancient Agora and its famous monuments, including Hephaestus Temple. Top off your itinerary at the museum, housed in the Stoa of Attalos. Please note admission to the attractions is not included in the tour price, and needs to be paid in cash to your guide.
- World Heritage–listed Acropolis and Ancient Agora of Athens walking tour
- Get skip-the-line access to ancient sites (admission fee to be paid in cash to your guide)
- See the Dionysus Sanctuary and visit Hephaestus Temple
- View artifacts on display at the Stoa of Attalos’ Museum of the Ancient Agora
- Perfect combo tour for classical history and archaeology buffs!
- Small-group tour ensures personalized attention
Saved to wishlist!
Local licensed guide
Athens guide magazine
Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Entrance fees are not included, to be payed cash on the spot
A valid ID or Passport is required to prove age and nationality at the sites
Departure & Return
Departure PointFresko Yogurt Bar Acropoli, Dionysiou Areopagitou 3, Athina 117 42, Greece
Return DetailsAncient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athina 105 55, Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BABY STROLLERS: Please have in mind that baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and that there is no cloakroom at the side entrance we use to enter. For your own convenience, it is recommended to use a baby pouch instead of a baby stroller.
- ENTRANCE FEES (TICKETS) TO THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid cash on the spot)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Small Group: max. persons per group: for the Acropolis visit 15 - for the Ancient Agora visit 7
- A valid ID or passport is required for verification at the sites for visitors under 25 years of age or any person entitled to reduced entrance fees.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Acropolis of Athens, Ancient Agora and the Agora Museum Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Acropolis of Athens, Ancient Agora and the Agora Museum Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Acropolis of Athens, Ancient Agora and the Agora Museum Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Acropolis of Athens, Ancient Agora and the Agora Museum Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This is definitely a walking tour, so make sure to wear your tennis shoes or comfortable shoes." See review
Product code: 2906P29
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursArchaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingAthensCity Tours - IosArchaeology Tours - IosWalking Tours - IosHistorical Tours - IosHalf-day Tours - IosCity Tours - KatakoloArchaeology Tours - KatakoloWalking Tours - KatakoloHistorical Tours - KatakoloHalf-day Tours - KatakoloCity Tours - SantoriniArchaeology Tours - SantoriniWalking Tours - SantoriniHistorical Tours - SantoriniHalf-day Tours - SantoriniCategory
Olympic Stadium (OAKA)Psiri Adrianou StreetKotzia Square (Plateia Kotzia)Goulandris Natural History MuseumPiraeus Cruise PortUniversity of AthensGaziAcademy of Athens (Akadimía Athinón)Acropolis Museum (Museo Akropoleos)Syntagma StationMt. Lycabettus (Lykavittos)Ghika Gallery (Pinakothiki Ghika)MikrolimanoNational History Museum (Ethnikó Istorikó Mouseío)Numismatic Museum of AthensPropylaeaVouliagmeni Beach (Akti Vouliagmenis)Kolonaki Square (Plateia Kolonaki)Arch of Hadrian