3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
When your cruise ship docks in Piraeus, witness Athens’ classical highlights on a 4-hour guided shore excursion. Travel by air-conditioned vehicle to Syntagma Metro Station to see its fascinating archaeological museum, and walk up the pedestrianized Dionysiou Areopagitou past sites including the Herodian Theatre and Mars Hill. At the Acropolis, inspect the Parthenon, the temple that epitomized Athenian power in the 5th century BC, as your guide details its design. Behold the stellar city views from here and enjoy free time to explore Athens independently before your return to Piraeus.
- 4-hour Acropolis and central Athens walking shore excursion, with an expert guide
- View the archaeological relics on display at Syntagma Metro Station
- See the Greek Parliament House, Temple of Zeus, Herodian Theatre and other highlights
- Visit the majestic Parthenon and soak up the views over Athens' rooftops
- Enjoy some free time to explore Athens’ historical center independently
- Learn about the Parthenon and Athens’ classical history from an informed guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Saved to wishlist!
Round trip transfer from the Port of Piraeus and back
Acropolis guided tour
Local licensed guide
Free time in Plaka
Athens guide magazine
Food and drinks, unless specified
Entrance fees - payable in cash directly on the day of the tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up from the cruise ship terminal
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BABY STROLLERS: baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and that there is no cloakroom at the side entrance we use to enter. For your own convenience, it is recommended to use a baby pouch instead of a baby stroller
- ENTRANCE FEES (TICKETS) TO ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES VISITED ARE NOT INCLUDED. We provide free skip-the-line service to all our guests so make sure you have enough cash with you
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Comfortable walking shoes, sun-screen and a hat are recommended
- Dress according to weather
- Bring a bottle of water
- Most travelers can participate
- The Covid19 Measures set by the Greek Government frequently change. Thus, it is advisable to check local restrictions applicable to indoor and outdoor activities.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Athens Shore Excursion: Acropolis Walking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Athens Shore Excursion: Acropolis Walking Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Athens Shore Excursion: Acropolis Walking Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Athens Shore Excursion: Acropolis Walking Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Lots of walking, but at a good pace for all." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Athens Shore Excursion: Acropolis Walking Tour
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 20 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsCity ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingAthensShore Excursions - OlympiaCity Tours - OlympiaWalking Tours - OlympiaPorts of Call Tours - OlympiaHalf-day Tours - OlympiaShore Excursions - SantoriniCity Tours - SantoriniWalking Tours - SantoriniPorts of Call Tours - SantoriniHalf-day Tours - SantoriniShore Excursions - IzmirCity Tours - IzmirWalking Tours - IzmirPorts of Call Tours - IzmirHalf-day Tours - IzmirCategory
Omonoia Square (Plateia Omonoias) Tours & TicketsDora Stratou Greek Dances Theater Tours & TicketsPropylaea Tours & TicketsFrissiras Museum Tours & TicketsMegalo Kavouri Tours & TicketsKolonaki Square (Plateia Kolonaki) Tours & TicketsAllou! Fun Park Tours & TicketsBenaki Museum Tours & TicketsOlympic Stadium (OAKA) Tours & TicketsPsiri Tours & TicketsPiraeus Cruise Port Tours & TicketsAdrianou Street Tours & TicketsNumismatic Museum of Athens Tours & TicketsChurch of Panagia Kapnikarea Tours & TicketsPanathenaic Stadium (Panathinaiko Stadio) Tours & TicketsNational History Museum (Ethnikó Istorikó Mouseío) Tours & TicketsParliament Building (Vouli) Tours & TicketsFloating Naval Museum—Battleship Georgios Averof Tours & TicketsArch of Hadrian Tours & TicketsMetropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Mitropoli) Tours & Tickets