4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Head south of Athens to Cape Sounio on a private tour that takes you to the ruins of the Temple of Poseidon, dating back to the 5th century BC and known for its location perched above the sea. On the way, admire the scenery of the coastal road through Vouliagmeni and Lagonisi, winding past beaches and the sparkling water. This tour allows you to skip the hassle of finding your own way to Sounion so you can relax and enjoy a pre-planned activity.
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounio with your own driver
- Enjoy views on the ride instead of driving yourself
- Half-day tour leaves you time for other activities
- Private tour provides personalized service
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
WiFi on board
Native English speaking professional drivers with deep knowledge of history
Official tour guide (optional)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
This is a private tour. Only your group will participate. The pick-up time is adjustable upon your request.
Your personal driver will pick you up and return you to the same place or at the point you prefer.
In case of a hotel, he will be waiting for you at the hotel lobby.
In case of an apartment, he will be waiting for you at the entrance of the building.
For airport pick up, he will be waiting for you at the arrival hall holding a sign with your name on it to spot him upon arrival. We will track your flight and our driver will be there on time.
For port pick up, he will be waiting for you at the gate, just as you disembark, holding a sign with your name on it to spot him upon arrival.
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Port of Piraeus, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We offer you the flexibility to schedule your tour at a date and time when it's most convenient for you!
- Should you wish an alternative pick up time, please specify upon reconfirmation or through the Special Requirements field.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Our drivers are not official tour guides, but they are knowledgeable and can provide fascinating commentary in fluent English. Although they will not enter the archaeological sites with you, they can answer all of your questions about the places you visit with this tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Our company complies with all the health instructions of the World Health Organization about COVID-19
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY My Athens Transfers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cape Sounio, Temple of Poseidon and Athenian riviera private tour from Athens?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Cape Sounio, Temple of Poseidon and Athenian riviera private tour from Athens?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cape Sounio, Temple of Poseidon and Athenian riviera private tour from Athens?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cape Sounio, Temple of Poseidon and Athenian riviera private tour from Athens?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you have the time, this is a trip worth taking as you take a nice drive down the coast, seeing yachts, coastal towns, a nice lake, and then, of course the Poseidon temple, which is very interesting." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Cape Sounio, Temple of Poseidon and Athenian riviera private tour from Athens
4 to 5 hours
4 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 15 minutes
5 hours 5 minutes
1 hour 3 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursArchaeology ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAthensShore Excursions - OlympiaBus Tours - OlympiaArchaeology Tours - OlympiaWalking Tours - OlympiaPorts of Call Tours - OlympiaHalf-day Tours - OlympiaShore Excursions - SantoriniBus Tours - SantoriniArchaeology Tours - SantoriniWalking Tours - SantoriniPorts of Call Tours - SantoriniHalf-day Tours - SantoriniShore Excursions - IzmirBus Tours - IzmirArchaeology Tours - IzmirWalking Tours - IzmirPorts of Call Tours - IzmirHalf-day Tours - IzmirCategory
Panathenaic Stadium (Panathinaiko Stadio) GaziAthens National Archaeological Museum (Ethniko Arxaiologiko Mouseio)Museum of Cycladic ArtHellenic Motor MuseumTheatre of DionysusTemple of HephaestusMonastiraki Byzantine & Christian MuseumAllou! Fun ParkPhilopappos Hill (Filopappou)Syntagma StationIlias Lalaounis Jewelry MuseumMikrolimanoOlympic Stadium (OAKA)Mt. Lycabettus (Lykavittos)Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Mitropoli)National History Museum (Ethnikó Istorikó Mouseío)Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Odeio Irodou Attikou)Athens Designer Outlet