8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
If you have time for one historical side trip from Athens or Nafplio, this private and convenient full-day tour to Mystras is ideal. Journey through the Peloponnese to UNESCO-listed Mystras, whose semi-crumbled frescoed churches and mansions were once a Byzantine power center. Explore the ruins independently before choosing to visit nearby Sparta’s archaeological ruins or olive oil museum, and perhaps selecting an alternative coast-road return route. Lunch plus Athens and Nafplio pickup and drop-off included.
- Private Mystras day trip from Athens or Nafplio
- Scenic drive through the Peloponnese to the UNESCO-listed ruins of Mystras
- Explore the fresco-coated churches and mansions of this fortified Byzantine hill town
- Optional visit to Sparta's archaeological ruins or Olive and Olive Oil Museum
- Choose an alternative coastal return route that takes you to mountain villages and a cliff-hanging monastery
- Authentic mezze (small plates) lunch, plus onboard WiFi and bottled water included
- Flexible itinerary, with private air-conditioned transport and Athens or Nafplio hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in Athens or Nafplio
Private air-conditioned 2019-20 vehicles: large saloon (2-3 people) or large minivan (4-8 people)
Non-smoking vehicle & driver
Full communication after your booking, including all details, answers to your questions, and pickup and drop-off locations and timings
Traditional Greek lunch
Full, detailed yet flexible itinerary customizable according to your tastes and suggestions
Onboard storage of 1 carry-on bag per person unless otherwise agreed in advance
Booklet with detailed tour information
Real Greek lunch
Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
Pickup and drop-off in areas outside Athens or Nafplio (subject to additional cost)
Entrance fees: approx €12/person (half-price during off-season) at Mystras and approx €3/person at Olive Oil Museum in Sparta
Professional local guides at sites (optional)
Excess luggage unless prearranged and agreed in advance
Shopping stops unless requested
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Any Athens hotel or Airbnb, the Athens airport, Piraeus and Nafplio port. Possible extra cost for some locations.
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour operated with just your party or group
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- PROTOCOLS are in place while COVID-19 effects the world. We care about health! We expect you to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implement all the protocols of the local authorities but most of all we use common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" exploring safely in the open avoiding the crowds. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules.
- OUR GUIDES are like family to us: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours have always been PRIVATE and personalized to your needs! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with almost “zero” cases!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY EUDAIMONIA Private Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mystras Private Day Trip from Athens or Nafplio with Lunch?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Mystras Private Day Trip from Athens or Nafplio with Lunch?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mystras Private Day Trip from Athens or Nafplio with Lunch?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mystras Private Day Trip from Athens or Nafplio with Lunch?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Mystras Private Day Trip from Athens or Nafplio with Lunch
6 hours 40 minutes
6 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAthensShore Excursions - OlympiaPorts of Call Tours - OlympiaShore Excursions - SantoriniPorts of Call Tours - SantoriniShore Excursions - IzmirPorts of Call Tours - IzmirCategory
Church of Panagia KapnikareaAttica Zoological ParkAthens Designer OutletBenaki MuseumGhika Gallery (Pinakothiki Ghika)Frissiras MuseumPhilopappos Hill (Filopappou)Numismatic Museum of AthensKolonaki Square (Plateia Kolonaki)PropylaeaIlias Lalaounis Jewelry MuseumParliament Building (Vouli)National Gardens of Athens (Ethnikos Kipos)Omonoia Square (Plateia Omonoias)National Library of Greece (Ethnikí Vivliothíki tis Elládos)Mt. Lycabettus (Lykavittos)Psiri Goulandris Natural History MuseumAllou! Fun ParkVouliagmeni Beach (Akti Vouliagmenis)