10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Once known as the wonder of Morea, the ancient city of Mystras is an impeccably-preserved Byzantine city built into a towering mountain. It can be difficult to make your own way to Mystras; this private tour takes that difficulty out of the equation. Explore the city described by the UNESCO World Heritage List as a splendid complex of palaces then drive to historic Sparta, where you’ll visit an ancient citadel and the statue of King Leonidas.
- No need to rush: explore Mystras and Sparta at your own pace on this private tour
- Visit the Corinth Canal and, if you’re feeling adventurous, bungee-jump into the canal!
- Enjoy an authentic mediterranean lunch at quaint local taverna
- Learn about the history of the Spartan city-state at the Archeological Museum of Sparta
Saved to wishlist!
Professional Drivers with Deep knowledge of history. [Not licensed to accompany you in any site.]
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Skip the line to purchase site tickets.
REQUIRED FOR ENTRANCE TO ALL SITES: Passport & Vaccine Certificate/ Negative PCR 72hrs
Entrance tickets.[16€ for over 6 yo for Non EU & 24 yo for EU Citizens]
Airport Pick Up and drop-off (Additional cost)
Licensed Tour guide on request [Additional cost - 250 €]
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Pick up time adjustable upon your request.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The drivers are not licensed to accompany you inside any site or museum. If you require a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally. If you have any questions you can contact us on the phone number provided by Viator.
- The duration of the tours is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Our company complies with all the health instructions of the World Health Organization about COVID-19.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Olive Sea Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Ancient Sparta & Mystras Private Day Tour from Athens?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Ancient Sparta & Mystras Private Day Tour from Athens?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Ancient Sparta & Mystras Private Day Tour from Athens?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Ancient Sparta & Mystras Private Day Tour from Athens?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms