Explore our promoted experiences
- 2-hour Pablo Picasso-themed walking tour of Barcelona, led by an expert local guide
- See the places important to Picasso when he lived in Barcelona in the late 19th and early 20th century
- View locations such as the Llotja Mar, the art school where he studied, and Els Quatre Gats, the café he frequented
- Explore the atmospheric La Ribera quarter, where he had a studio before moving to Paris
- Enjoy skip-the-line entrance to the Picasso Museum, home to over 4,000 of Picasso’s artworks
- Admire the highlights as your guide explains the paintings and Picasso’s techniques
- Learn about Picasso’s early life and the people and events that influenced his art
Departure & Return
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY : Directions: Tourist information Office, next to the "Aerobus" stop. Look for the two pillars with the red "I" of information on top of them. The office is underground.
What To Expect
Start your walking tour by meeting your guide in central Barcelona at 3pm for the English-language tour, where you'll begin a walk through the life of the artist during his time here from 1895 to 1905. The rich creative climate that was prevalent in the city during Picasso's time played a critical role in the artist's development.
Follow your guide along the bohemian thoroughfares where Picasso once walked, stopping at El Quatre Gats, a well-known Barcelona café where the artist once socialized with the city's creative community. Pass by the Llotja Mar, an art school where Picasso once honed his craft, taking time to view the three friezes at the Frisos del Col-legi d'Arquitectes, which represent the artist's only open-air works.
Proceed to a variety of other key sites with significance to Picasso, pausing to investigate spots where he once painted and taking a leisurely stroll through the La Ribera quarter as you make your way to the Picasso Museum. This gallery, which contains one of the world's largest collections of the artist's work, is frequently plagued by long lines for entry. Thankfully, your tour allows you the opportunity to skip the line, so proceed inside to check out the museum's massive collection covering more than 4,000 Picasso works. During your exploration of the museum, gain added insight from your guide, who will help navigate you to the most important highlights, many of which were created during the artist's formative early years.
Finish your tour at the museum, which you can continue to explore at your leisure or depart when you're ready.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Turisme de Barcelona
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands