5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Make a pilgrimage to the mystical mountaintop retreat of Montserrat during this small group tour for a maximum of 8 people from Barcelona with a small group. Join no more than eight guests on an exploration of this nearly 1,000-year old Benedictine Monastery complex set high above Catalonia. See the famous ‘Black Madonna’ icon and finish by enjoying the sublime singing of ‘La Escolania de Montserrat,’ one of Europe’s oldest children’s choirs. A guide, entrance fee, and private transport are included. Hotel or apartment pick-up and drop-off are included.
- Take a half-day trip to Montserrat with a small group
- Make a pilgrimage to this mystical mountaintop monastery near Barcelona
- Admire the famous 'Black Madonna' icon in the monastery basilica
- Explore the 'Holy Cave' where the Virgin is reputed to have once appeared
- Small group is limited to no more than eight guests
- Great way to explore the region near Barcelona
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel Pickup and Drop-off
Professional local guide
Small-group up to 8 people
Entrance to the Montserrat Monastery
Listen to the famous Escolania Boy's Choir (subject to seasonal availability)
Montserrat Walking Tour
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- We will pick you up from any hotel or apartment in Barcelona. Please make sure to include the address of your accommodation when booking.
- Even if your Hotel is not listed, you can type it down in the field.
- Pick-up time will be between 8 and 9 am. We will send a message 24 hours prior departure through the booking system to inform you on the specific pick-up time at your hotel as well as the name of your guide and the telephone number.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small Group maximum 8 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- The Escolania Boy's Choir is subject to seasonal availability and is not available for the PM option
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY In Out Barcelona Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Montserrat Small Group or Private Tour Hotel pick-up?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Montserrat Small Group or Private Tour Hotel pick-up?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Montserrat Small Group or Private Tour Hotel pick-up?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "There was quite a bit of walking/hiking around there so be sure to wear comfortable shoes." See review
- "I think it might be challenging for families with young children due to the incline in Monserrat although there were quite a few children there." See review
- "If you're looking for a good way to get outside of the city, this tour is a must." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Montserrat Small Group or Private Tour Hotel pick-up
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBarcelonaBus Tours - CataloniaNature and Wildlife - CataloniaWalking Tours - CataloniaHalf-day Tours - CataloniaBus Tours - TarragonaNature and Wildlife - TarragonaWalking Tours - TarragonaHalf-day Tours - TarragonaBus Tours - GironaNature and Wildlife - GironaWalking Tours - GironaHalf-day Tours - GironaCategory
Tibidabo Amusement Park (Parc d'Atraccions Tibidabo) Tours & TicketsBarcelona Music Museum (Museu de la Música) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Natural Sciences of Barcelona (Museu Blau) Tours & TicketsOller del Mas Tours & TicketsBarcelona Museum of Modernism (Museu del Modernisme) Tours & TicketsSt. James Square (Plaça de Sant Jaume) Tours & TicketsBarcelona Wax Museum Tours & TicketsCasa Amatller Tours & TicketsIcebarcelona Tours & TicketsCasa Vicens Tours & TicketsDalí Theatre-Museum (Teatro-Museo Dalí) Tours & TicketsBarcelona Maritime Museum (Museu Marítim de Barcelona) Tours & TicketsDiagonal Mar Tours & TicketsMontjuic Park (Parc de Montjuïc) Tours & TicketsVia Sepulcral Romana Tours & TicketsCatalan Regional Government Building (Palau de la Generalitat de Catalunya) Tours & TicketsLlobregat Delta (Delta del Llobregat) Tours & TicketsNational Art Museum of Catalonia (Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya) Tours & TicketsCardona Castle (Castell de Cardona) Tours & TicketsTorre Bellesguard Tours & Tickets