Are you interested in?
136 Tours & Activities
166 Tours & Activities
Art & Culture
170 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Venture back to the days of gory Roman military battles during this immersive guided tour through the Canne della Battaglia, site of the Second Punic War. Learn the stories behind the ruins and the secrets behind Hannibal’s deadly campaign, which killed 55,000 troops. Perfect for ancient history-buffs, the archaeological tour also includes stops at an on-site necropolis and a rare pre-Roman clay pot collection.
- An immersive guided tour of the ruins of Canne della Battaglia, site of the Second Punic War
- Learn how Hannibal, one of the world’s greatest military leaders, waged a ruthless winning campaign
- Listen to enriching commentary on the archaeological site, with fact-filled stories of the great battle
- The tour also includes stops at a necropolis and on-site museum, containing rare pre-Roman artifacts
Saved to wishlist!
Canne della Battaglia guided tour
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointStrada Provinciale 142, SP142, 76121 Barletta BT, Italy
Return Details76121 Cannae, Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please note: the site is closed on Monday afternoon
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Gennaro Pignataro
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 32810P5