9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Soak in the scenery and history of the Great Wall of China at Jinshanling during a day hike with a professional guide. Get away from the crowds as you walk along this 3.7-mile (6-km) section of the Great Wall, passing 15 guard towers while crossing from Jinshanling to Simatai West. Observe the natural beauty of the landscape and the architectural marvels of the Ming Dynasty-era wall during your hike, which takes approximately four hours to complete. Includes round-trip transportation from Beijing, guide, and entrance fees.
- Full-day hiking tour to Great Wall of China at Jinshanling, from Beijing
- Hike from Jinshanling to Simatai West with an experienced guide
- Admire the mountain scenery while walking along a remote 3.7-mile (6-km) part of the Great Wall of China
- Check out 15 guard towers along the route
- Learn about the Ming Dynasty and why the Great Wall was built
- Includes guide, entrance fees, and round-trip transport from Beijing
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Entrance fee of Jinshanling Great Wall
One bottle of water
Pick-up from Exit C of Zhang Zi Zhong Lu metro Station on Line 5
Cable car fee at Great Wall
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Zhangzizhong Road , Dongsi Subdistrict, Beijing, Dongcheng, Beijing, ChinaThis activity will end right where it started.
Outside of Exit C of metro station Zhang Zi Zhong Lu on Line 5.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please prepare your own lunch and snacks for the hike
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, date of birth, gender, and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers; Sunscreen, water, hat are highly recommended to bring
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beijing Downtown Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Group Great Wall Hiking Tour from Jinshanling to Simatai West
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBeijingBus Tours - Northern ChinaHiking - Northern ChinaFull-day Tours - Northern ChinaBus Tours - TianjinHiking - TianjinFull-day Tours - TianjinBus Tours - DatongHiking - DatongFull-day Tours - DatongCategory
Confucius Temple Tours & TicketsShidu Nature Park Tours & TicketsTreasure Gallery Tours & TicketsChina World Trade Center (Guomao) Tours & TicketsMiaoying Temple Tours & TicketsChairman Mao Memorial Hall (Maozhuxi Jinian Tang) Tours & TicketsLiyuan Theatre Tours & TicketsThe Legend of Kung Fu Show Tours & TicketsLongqingxia Ravine Tours & TicketsShichahai Tours & TicketsDingling Tomb (Mausoleum of Emperor Wanli) Tours & TicketsHall of Prayer for Good Harvest Tours & TicketsShijia Hutong Museum Tours & TicketsCCTV Headquarters Tours & TicketsTiananmen (Gate of Heavenly Peace) Tours & TicketsQianmen Street Tours & TicketsPearl Market (Hongqiao Market) Tours & TicketsInner Court (Nei Ting) Tours & TicketsDrum Tower (Gulou) Tours & TicketsOld Summer Palace (Yuanming Yuan) Tours & Tickets