Explore our promoted experiences
- FAA Diamond Award. Every year since 1998, Blue Hawaiian’s superb maintenance technicians have earned the FAA’s Certificate of Excellence Diamond Award.”
- Helicopter tour over the Big Island
- See the volcanic badlands, lush rain forests, and Kohalas Mountains
- Premier helicopters offer wide viewing windows
- Morning and afternoon departure available
- Unforgettable way to see Hawaii's famed natural attractions
Departure & Return
Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Heliport
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Heliport and helicopter are wheelchair accessible. A wheelchair lift is available at base to assist boarding.
- Children 23 months and younger are complimentary and considered a lap child.
- Check-in is 45 minutes prior to tour time. You will receive confirmation of tour time after booking. Late arrivals may not be accepted and non-refundable.
- For each guest weighing 240 pounds (108 kg) or more, an adjacent empty seat is required to safely balance the aircraft. The second seat charge is half off of the regular tour price. Please arrange your additional seat after booking.
- Tour sights vary depending on weather.
- At least 4 people are required for this activity to take place.
- No scuba diving within 24-hours of tour departure
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff