- Step back in time on a history tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Departure & Return
Upon disembarking the cruise ship tender, look for your guide standing under the covered tent area with a sign that reads "Mauka Makai Adventures".
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (be prepared for sun, wind and rain)
- Covered walking shoes are required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required and a maximum of 12 passengers per departure
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and must have proper safety seats as required by Hawaii state law through age 7 (seats will be provided only upon request at time of booking). No lap children are allowed. Please confirm if you will be bringing a safety seat for your child.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- We highly recommend ACCOMMODATIONS in the Kailua-Kona area to get the most out of your tour. We provide pick-up service in the Kailua-Kona area or will arrange a meeting point as needed.
- For CRUISE SHIP passengers, we pick-up directly at Kailua-Kona Pier and will adjust the tour time as needed to accommodate your ships time in port.
- For a one DAY TRIP to the Big Island, please make your travel arrangements to and from the Kona International Airport. Please contact us first prior to making your flight arrangements to confirm availability.
- Please contact us if you are traveling with a wheelchair or scooter (they must be collapsible). All passengers must be able to step up on a stool and into a 15-passenger van on their own. Some stops are not wheelchair accessible.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mauka Makai Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation.