Explore our promoted experiences
- Learn about the biology and behavior of these gentle, graceful giants
- Wet suite, snorkel gear, and flotation devices provided
- Watch the Kona sunset from the deck of the boat
- Guaranteed manta sighting or you'll get a voucher for an additional tour
Departure & Return
Please join us at Bite Me Sportfishing Logo and Charter Shop 30 minutes prior to departure for check-in. For swimmers, please wear your bathing suits and bring towels and sunblock for day trips.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Reach your destination in time to watch the colorful Kona sunset from the boat's top deck, then start getting ready for your manta ray encounter. Slip into your wetsuit, don your snorkel, and jump in. Buoy yourself with a flotation device; your guides will set up lights to see the mantas clearly.
Spend about 45 minutes snorkeling using a customized light board with one of the brightest lights in the water, showcasing the graceful ballet of the giant mantas as they careen through the water in search of food. You'll be in 30 to 35 feet (9 to 10 meters) of water, within sight of the shoreline, and supervised by your experienced guide to ensure your comfort and safety. Manta rays have no barbs or teeth, a wing span of 4 to 12 feet (1 to 4 meters) and weigh between 400 and 1200 lbs (180 and 545 kg). Interactions with the manta rays take place in a passive, respectful manner.
Manta sightings are guaranteed, or you will be given a voucher for another tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under the age of 5 must provide their own life vests
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Collapsible-wheelchair accessible—if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own assistant.
- Please note the departure time throughout the year adjusts to the sunsetting sky. Jan 1- March 31 departure time is 5:30PM and 8:30pm April 1- September 31 departure time is 6PM and 9pm, October 1- December 31 departure time is 5PM and 8pm. You will be placed where there is availability. Please call 24 hours prior to confirm departure time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bite Me Sportfishing
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.