Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore the world’s most active volcano
- Hike Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Watch a sunset eruption
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
It will be easy to find your guide a located inside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Your guide will be standing at the covered area right outside the Volcano House Hotel, and you will be provided with your guides cell phone number as well. Text messaging is preferred.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 6 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 25 people per booking
- Flexible departure time means that after creating your booking, you will have to contact the local operator to inform them of your preferred departure time. At this time you may also discuss your preferred tour itinerary with them
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Summit eruption viewing dependent on current eruption conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Kilauea EcoGuides
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms