4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Escape the bustle of Bordeaux for some seaside therapy on this half-day trip to the Bay of Arcachon. With your local guide and small group, journey southwest by mini-coach to the white-sand beaches of Arcachon, famous for oyster-harvesting. Hike to the top of Pyla Dune—the highest sand dune in Europe—stroll the beach, get splendid ocean and forest views, and sample fresh oysters at a local oyster farm.
- Guided Pyla Dune and oyster-tasting tour from Bordeaux
- Marvel at panoramic views of Arcachon, the Atlantic Ocean and the Landes Forest from the top of Pyla Dune
- Indulge in fresh oysters or shrimp at a local oyster farm
- Small-group format ensures personalized experience
- Roundtrip travel by comfortable minivan included
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Oyster tastings or shrimps (no other food alternative)
Climbing the Sand Dune
Coffee and/or Tea
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY BORDOVINO
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Arcachon Half-Day Trip from Bordeaux with Pyla Sand Dune Climb & Oyster Tasting?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Arcachon Half-Day Trip from Bordeaux with Pyla Sand Dune Climb & Oyster Tasting?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Arcachon Half-Day Trip from Bordeaux with Pyla Sand Dune Climb & Oyster Tasting?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "If you have enough time you can go to the Pyla dune by train and spend more time there." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Arcachon Half-Day Trip from Bordeaux with Pyla Sand Dune Climb & Oyster Tasting
4 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 5 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBordeauxBus Tours - AquitaineNature and Wildlife - AquitaineHalf-day Tours - AquitaineBus Tours - San SebastianNature and Wildlife - San SebastianHalf-day Tours - San SebastianBus Tours - ToulouseNature and Wildlife - ToulouseHalf-day Tours - ToulouseCategory
Bordeaux Wine and Trade Museum (Musée du Vin et du Négoce de Bordeaux)Grand TheatreBordeaux Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux-Arts de Bordeaux)Bordeaux Cathedral (Cathédrale St. André)Place de la ComédieBordeaux Hôtel de Ville (Palais Rohan)Saint-Seurin Basilica (Basilique Saint-Seurin)Palais GallienPlace de la Bourse (Place Royale)La Cité du VinChâteau Pontac-LynchCitadel of Blaye (Citadelle de Blaye)Grosse ClocheGraves Wine RegionPyla Dune (Dune du Pilat)Château PlaisanceArcachon Bay (Bassin d'Arcachon)Porte CailhauPont de PierreGirondins Monument (Monument aux Girondins)