6 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Since the fall of the Iron Curtain in 1989, many visitors to Romania are intrigued by the country’s recent Communist history. Get a fascinating overview of how Communist rule shaped Bucharest with a full-day thematic city tour of Soviet-era landmarks, like the massive Palace of Parliament, dictator Ceausescu’s former home in the Spring neighborhood, the one-time headquarters of the Communist press and a museum dedicated to political prisoners. It’s a respectful and authentic way to understand this tumultuous chapter in Eastern European history.
- Full-day tour exploring the legacy of Communist rule in Bucharest
- Visit the Palace of Parliament, also known as Ceausescu's Palace and the second-largest administrative building in the world
- See the imposing Spark House, formally the headquarters of the Central Communist Press
- Stop for lunch at a local restaurant that still retains the atmosphere of Soviet-era Bucharest
- Travel through the formerly inacccessible neighborhood where dictator Ceausescu and his family once lived
- Pay tribute to political prisoners and other victims of the brutal regime at a memorial museum
- Great for history buffs
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation with a modern vehicle
Professional English-speaking guide
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Photography fee for the Palace of the Parliament
Lunch (approx. €13/person)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Bucharest
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Reservations for the Bucharest tour are made at least 48 hours in advance
- Pick-up point: in front of your hotel
- Departure: 10:00 AM
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Rolandia Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Bucharest Communist Tour with the People's House and Ceausescu Residence?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Bucharest Communist Tour with the People's House and Ceausescu Residence?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Bucharest Communist Tour with the People's House and Ceausescu Residence?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Bucharest Communist Tour with the People's House and Ceausescu Residence
6 to 8 hours
2 hours 5 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestBus Tours - WallachiaCity Tours - WallachiaHistorical Tours - WallachiaBus Tours - OtopeniCity Tours - OtopeniHistorical Tours - OtopeniBus Tours - BrasovCity Tours - BrasovHistorical Tours - BrasovCategory
CEC Palace (Palatul CEC)Choral Temple (Templul Coral)Patriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church)LipscaniNational Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)Great Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare)Romanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman)Bucharest Jewish History MuseumGrigore Antipa National Museum of Natural HistoryVictoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)Museum of Senses BucharestRomanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman)Holocaust MemorialBucharest University PalaceStavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)George Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)National Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei)