3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Trace the rise and fall of Communism in Romania on this walking tour of Bucharest. Learn how the Communist Party and the dictator Ceausescu seized power, controlled dissent and demolished huge swaths of the city to create distinctive architectural monuments. Visit political memorials and Communist-era landmarks to see how the regime and subsequent 1989 revolution have left a permanent mark on the city.
- Communist history walking tour in Bucharest
- Learn about the rise and fall of the Romanian dictator Ceacsescu
- Visit Communist-era landmarks to see the regime's distinctive architectural style
- Hear stories about daily life under Communist rule
- Visit political memorials and sites that played a key role in the 1989 revolution
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Aleea Dealul Mitropoliei 19, București 030167, Romania
Near the red-brick bell tower of the Patriarchal church.
Piața Revoluției, București, Romania
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Good Living
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Communist tour of Bucharest?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Communist tour of Bucharest?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Communist tour of Bucharest
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestCity Tours - WallachiaWalking Tours - WallachiaHistorical Tours - WallachiaHalf-day Tours - WallachiaCity Tours - OtopeniWalking Tours - OtopeniHistorical Tours - OtopeniHalf-day Tours - OtopeniCity Tours - BrasovWalking Tours - BrasovHistorical Tours - BrasovHalf-day Tours - BrasovCategory
National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei) Tours & TicketsHolocaust Memorial Tours & TicketsBucharest Jewish History Museum Tours & TicketsLipscani Tours & TicketsGeorge Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace) Tours & TicketsRomanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman) Tours & TicketsChoral Temple (Templul Coral) Tours & TicketsNational Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei) Tours & TicketsBucharest University Palace Tours & TicketsMuseum of Senses Bucharest Tours & TicketsStavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos) Tours & TicketsPatriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church) Tours & TicketsRomanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman) Tours & TicketsCEC Palace (Palatul CEC) Tours & TicketsVictoriei Street (Calea Victoriei) Tours & TicketsGrigore Antipa National Museum of Natural History Tours & TicketsGreat Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare) Tours & Tickets