10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Maximize your time in the region and explore a different Balkan country on a day trip to Bulgaria from Bucharest. Visit landmarks including the St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, Veliko Tarnovo’s Tsarevets fortress, and the historic village of Arbanasi, and forget the guidebook with historical insights provided by your guide. Enjoy seamless round-trip transfer from your central Bucharest hotel by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Enjoy a day away from the bustling capital
- Visit 3 historic Bulgarian locations in 1 day
- Relax with included hotel pickup and drop-off from central Bucharest
- Benefit from cultural and historical insights provided by your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Pick up and drop off (if the privately-guided option is chosen)
Professional English- or Spanish-speaking local guide (if the privately-guided option is chosen)
Full private transportation (if the privately-guided option is chosen)
Some entrance fees are included
Personalized e-guide with all sights info for convenience
Personal expenses & insurance
Departure & Return
Dohodno zdanie building in Ruse
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tour is independent and runs in any weather conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Bulgaria On
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during The Ultimate Private Day Trip to Bulgaria from Bucharest?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Ultimate Private Day Trip to Bulgaria from Bucharest?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Ultimate Private Day Trip to Bulgaria from Bucharest?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
The Ultimate Private Day Trip to Bulgaria from Bucharest
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBulgariaBus Tours - SofiaWalking Tours - SofiaHistorical Tours - SofiaFull-day Tours - SofiaBus Tours - VarnaWalking Tours - VarnaHistorical Tours - VarnaFull-day Tours - VarnaBus Tours - Veliko TarnovoWalking Tours - Veliko TarnovoHistorical Tours - Veliko TarnovoFull-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
Varna Archaeological MuseumSofia National GalleryStob PyramidsKonstantsalieva HouseCentral Sofia Market Hall (Halite)Sunny Beach Luna ParkBulgarian National Museum of Military HistoryRozhen MonasteryCastle of Ravadinovo (In Love with the Wind)Tsarska BistritsaBachkovo MonasteryAmphitheater of SerdicaMonument to the Soviet ArmyAqua ParadiseAsen's Fortress (Asenova Krepost)Sofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500)Plovdiv Old Town (Stari Grad)Varna Retro MuseumSofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda)Varna Zoo (Zoopark)