- Morning walking tour of Jerez with an art historian guide
- Learn how the city became the sherry and motorbike capital of the world
- Stroll through the winding streets and plazas of the old city center
- Visit the Gothic-Baroque Cathedral of San Salvador
- Explore Jerez's era of Moorish rule at the 11th-century Alcazar
- All entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Arenal Square - In front of the equestrian monument, Jerez de la Frontera Address: Plaza Arenal, Jerez de la Frontera-Cadiz Directions: Tour departs from the Arenal Square in Jerez de la Frontera, Cadiz Dates: Monday to Saturday Return point: Arenal Square, Jerez de la Frontera
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your local guide at Arenal Square, and set off on a leisurely walking tour of the historic city center. As you stroll, learn about the long and multilayered history of the city, the largest in the province of Cádiz, and hear how Jerez became the sherry and motorbike capital of the world.
No tour of the city would be complete without a visit to the striking Cathedral of San Salvador. Admire the ornate exterior, featuring Gothic, Baroque and Neoclassical flourishes, and step inside to explore this lasting spiritual legacy of 17th-century Spain.
Step back even further in time to the 11th century with a tour of the royal Alcazar of Jerez, a rare surviving example of the Almohad style of architecture. Tour the ruins of the tower, palace, baths and mosque that once formed the hub of the city’s Moorish rulers.
Say farewell to you guide back at the departure point in Arenal Square.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by 2 adults minimum
- A minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Mobile phone number of the customer must be provided to the company when the reservation is made
- In some occasions the visit could be conducted in two languages
- Please be on time and we recommend at least 5 minutes prior to contact with our guide. If you are not on time the service is considered complete and no refunds or claims are available once a tour has commenced.
- * Important: Cell phone number of the client is required.
- Andalusia Tour Travel is not responsible for the delay takes place at the entrance of the monuments, either by the organization and / or internal management of the monument.
- The abandonment or separation from the group during the guided tour involves loss of any right to claim.
- If any change is produced in any visit, it shall be informed at the time of booking or at the beginning of the service, being valid and definitive information provided by the guide at the start of the visit. Any of the places specified in the development of each of the visits, may be replaced by another of similar category or characteristics, whether special or force majeure circumstances oblige us to do so.
- Please be punctual at the scheduled time, otherwise Andalusia Tour Travel is exempt from any responsibility and shall be deemed as service performed.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Andalusia Tour Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Jerez Walking Tour with Alcazar and Cathedral Entrance.