- 3-hour temazcal and dinner experience
- Steam in a sauna with aromatic herbs
- Swim in a fresh water cenote
- Learn to make tortillas by hand
- Eat a Maya dinner
- Pickup and drop-off at Riviera Maya hotels
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
The temazcalero guide will introduce the cleansing ritual, and answer any questions before you enter the steamy sauna, which is aromatic with herbs and the copal resin that’s naturally harvested from tropical trees. You’ll have roughly 30 minutes in the temazcal, though you’re welcome to leave and return at any time during the ritual.
After leaving the temazcal, cool off the local way: in one of the Yucatán’s fresh water cenotes, natural swimming pools that are fed by crystal-clear, underground rivers. If desired, you can join the cooks in the kitchen to learn to make tortillas by hand before you sit down to a full dinner of traditional Maya foods. This tour concludes with return transfer to your Riviera Maya hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Don't forget towel, change of clothes, mosquito repellent and money for tips or souvenirs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cancun Vacation Experts
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms