- Go off-the-beaten-path in Crete with a hiking tour
- Set out on an outdoor adventure of hiking and swimming
- Explore Samaria Gorge National Park at your own pace
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel is included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Pick up/Drop off is conducted only is select spots in Chania. Depending on your location, you will be advised on the time and place after booking.
- Be sure to wear comfortable hiking shoes for the trek through the gorge
- It is advisable to bring the following items with you: sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- It is important to stay hydrated, so bring a bottle of water (you can refill it in the gorge's springs) and a light snack (fruits etc.)
- Υou can swim at Agia Roumeli beach just after you exit the gorge so make you have a swimsuit and beach towel with you
- Τhe entrance fee to Samaria as well as the boat fee are paid with cash on the spot
- Half way down the gorge lies the old village of Samaria, which has a telephone for communication with the police, a pharmacy, and two mules to transport injured persons.
- In the village of Samaria, take a quiet walk around and you may catch a glimpse of the endangered kri‐kri. They are usually very friendly towards people!
- Upon reservation please advise the exact name of your hotel in order to send you the exact pick up time and place
- Τhe trip is not recommended for any person with a history of knee problems, high blood pressure, cardiac and pulmonary problems, pregnant women and for anybody who suffers from vertigo/fear of heights
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fantasy Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "Don’t forget to pack a towel, swimsuit (there’s a place to change), and flip flops." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews