- Narrated horse-drawn carriage tour of Charleston
- Follow a scenic route through 30 blocks of the historic district
- See grand antebellum homes and hear about their former owners
- Great photo ops of gardens with beautiful wrought iron gates
- Belgian and Percheron draft horses lead your carriage through the streets
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Old South Carriage Address: 14 Anson St. Charleston, SC 29401 Dates: Daily - MUST check-in 15-minutes
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As the tour progresses, pass by the old churches, antebellum mansions and lush gardens of Charleston — more than 2.5 miles and 30 blocks of residential real estate. Stop outside historic homes, like the Gov. William Aiken House, the former home of South Carolina Governor William Aiken, Jr. This house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
Part of the charm of the tour are the horses that pull the carriage. These are the same kinds of draft horses that worked on American farms in the early 1800s, making this voyage all the more authentic.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note: you MUST check-in 15-minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled with out refund.
- Carriage can transport up to 16 passengers per departure.
- Children 3 years and under are free provided that they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. If you want your child to have a seat, you must purchase a child seat.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Old South Carriage
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Cancellation/Amendments Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour.