- Carriage ride in downtown Charleston
- View the architecture of downtown
- Learn about the city's history from your guide
- Take a leisurely carriage ride that allows for great photo ops
Departure & Return
Look for the Big Red Barn!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your guide and the team of mules that gently pull your carriage around the heart of Charleston.
Head into downtown Charleston's Commercial District and hear the history of the buildings along the route. Pass the Old Exchange Building, once visited by George Washington, and learn about the architecture of several historic churches. Continue through Waterfront Park, which is situated on the Cooper River before returning to your starting point to end your tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Palmetto Carriage Works
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Cancellation/Amendments Health & Safety Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Evening Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour of Downtown Charleston.