- 2-hour black history walking tour of Charleston
- Morning departure time
- Uncover hidden history
- Moderate amount of walking
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Tour Charleston Headquarters (inside Buxton Books) Address: 160 King Street Charleston, SC 29401
What To Expect
Listen as your guide combines historical facts, personal perspectives, and powerful storytelling. Stop by the Jehu Junes Hotel site, see Catfish Row, where the opera Porgy and Bess is set. Stroll along the ocean, through Waterfront Park and past the Charleston Harbor. Finish up with visits to the Heyward Washington House and the Old Slave Art Museum.
After 2 hours, return to your starting point with a better understanding of Charleston's black history.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour Charleston, LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands