13 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Get a primer on Pallava-style architecture on this full-day private tour to Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram. Benefit from personal attention and the ability to travel at your own pace while visiting the Ekambareswar and Kailasanathar temples, then a local saree weaver. Moving on to the port of Mahabalipuram, see the Five Rathas, the shore temple, and Arjuna's Penance, learning about them through guided commentary.
- Take a day trip from Chennai to Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram
- Discover important South Indian sites including temples and ancient towns
- Tuck into a delicious South Indian lunch (included)
- A private guide and vehicle ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
All hotels in chennai
- Chennai Port Trust, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001, India
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY 5 Senses Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram in a day from Chennai with Guide & pick up drop?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram in a day from Chennai with Guide & pick up drop?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram in a day from Chennai with Guide & pick up drop?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram in a day from Chennai with Guide & pick up drop?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It is grat to get out of the bustle of Chennai, and the sites are well worth visiting." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChennaiShore Excursions - Tamil NaduBus Tours - Tamil NaduPorts of Call Tours - Tamil NaduHistorical Tours - Tamil NaduFull-day Tours - Tamil NaduShore Excursions - PondicherryBus Tours - PondicherryPorts of Call Tours - PondicherryHistorical Tours - PondicherryFull-day Tours - PondicherryShore Excursions - ThanjavurBus Tours - ThanjavurPorts of Call Tours - ThanjavurHistorical Tours - ThanjavurFull-day Tours - ThanjavurCategory
Marina BeachCholamandal Artists’ VillageVGP Universal KingdomMadras High CourtKovalam Beach (Covelong Beach)Velankanni Church (Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health)Armenian ChurchGovernment MuseumMGM Dizzee WorldBesant NagarAurovilleKapaleeshwarar TempleRipon BuildingLittle Mount & St Thomas Mount (Chinnamalai & Parangi Malai)Shirdi Sai Baba TempleLuz Church (Shrine of Our Lady of Light)Arignar Anna Zoological Park (Vandalur Zoo)KanchipuramElliot's Beach (Besant Nagar Beach)National Art Gallery