13 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore a medieval kingdom’s capital and visit its renowned sari makers on this all-day tour. After a convenient pickup from your Chennai hotel, travel by private vehicle or your own motorcycle to Kanchipuram. Stop by two architecturally significant 7th-century temples before immersing yourself in the craft of sari-making. Meet a weaver and see how traditional looms are used to transform mulberry threads into gorgeous garments.
- Experience the beautiful medieval city of Kanchipuram on a day trip
- Watch as traditional sari makers turn threads into gorgeous silk garments
- Visit the important 7th-century temples built by the Pallava dynasty
- Choose between a motorcycle or private vehicle and enjoy pickup/drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation by private car (if option selected)
Rental of your Royal Enfield motorcycle, includes fuel & helmet (if option selected)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
All hotels in chennai
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Since we will be visiting temples, the dress code is covering knees and shoulders
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A valid international driving license for riding motorcycle in India is required (if option selected)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY 5 Senses Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full-Day Private Tour to the Kanchipuram Temples from Chennai?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Full-Day Private Tour to the Kanchipuram Temples from Chennai?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full-Day Private Tour to the Kanchipuram Temples from Chennai?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-Day Private Tour to the Kanchipuram Temples from Chennai?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChennaiShore Excursions - Tamil NaduBus Tours - Tamil NaduPorts of Call Tours - Tamil NaduHistorical Tours - Tamil NaduFull-day Tours - Tamil NaduShore Excursions - PondicherryBus Tours - PondicherryPorts of Call Tours - PondicherryHistorical Tours - PondicherryFull-day Tours - PondicherryShore Excursions - ThanjavurBus Tours - ThanjavurPorts of Call Tours - ThanjavurHistorical Tours - ThanjavurFull-day Tours - ThanjavurCategory
MGM Dizzee WorldKovalam Beach (Covelong Beach)Besant NagarAurovilleNational Art GalleryKanchipuramRipon BuildingLuz Church (Shrine of Our Lady of Light)Kalakshetra FoundationVGP Snow KingdomCholamandal Artists’ VillageArignar Anna Zoological Park (Vandalur Zoo)Madras High CourtVelankanni Church (Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health)Fort St. GeorgeMarina BeachValluvar KottamArmenian ChurchSt. Andrew’s Church (The Kirk)Little Mount & St Thomas Mount (Chinnamalai & Parangi Malai)