- Learn to prepare Thai and Akha cuisine during a cooking class in Chiang Mai
- Visit a local market to observe a slice of daily life and shop for ingredients (morning session only)
- Prepare 11 different dishes, including a combination of soups, desserts, appetizers and entrees
- Great introduction to Northern Thailand's unique cuisines and cultures
Departure & Return
Morning Cooking Class: Meeting at Wat Pan Whaen, by 8:50 am. See the Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/brDduAydRvksy4ip7 Evening Cooking Class: Meeting at Cooking School Location by 4:50 pm See the Google map:https://g.page/thaiakhakitchen?share
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once you arrive at the cooking site, you’ll begin to prepare a variety of dishes with the help of your Akha instructor. Not only will you get a glimpse into Akha culture and food, you’ll also learn about some of the Akha’s unique ingredients as well. During your session you will prepare 2 appetizers, a soup, a curry paste and curry, and 2 desserts, as well as several special Akha-style dishes like Akha Salad, Akha Soup, and ‘Sapi Thuong’ (tomato dipping sauce).
You’ll finish the day by enjoying your home-cooked meal featuring all your recent creations. Before you leave, your host will provide a special souvenir cookbook you can use to recreate the dishes when you return home. Finish the day with a ride back to your Chiang Mai hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Visitor are welcome
- Come with empty stomach
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Thai Akha Kitchen
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It can be hot in the outdoor classroom, and the teacher was super kind but at times hard to understand - however he made sure all his students were keeping up - including my daughter." See review
- "I would recommend doing the morning tour as it includes a short trip to the market, where JJ explained the different ingredients used in Thai cooking and tasted some of the produce as well." See review
- "Our cooking teacher made cooking seem so easy for us, Doh was fun, friendly and easy to understand, a wonderful way to spend in Chiang Mai." See review