2 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Muthurajawela Marsh, translated as ‘Swamp of Royal Treasure,’ is home to a variety of interdependent flora and fauna. This 3-hour tour provides a memorable experience in the coastal wetland ecosystem situated toward the southern end of Negombo Lagoon. Take a bird watching tour by boat in the wetlands and keep an eye out for crocodiles, monkeys and 75 species of birds. Enjoy light refreshments and round-trip transport by tuk-tuk from your Negombo hotel.
- 3-hour tour of Muthurajawela Marsh
- Ride a boat around the Muthurajawela wetland
- Search for birdlife, crocodiles and flora
- Enjoy light refreshments and narration by a local guide
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off by tuk-tuk from Negombo
Saved to wishlist!
Cost of the boat
Pickup and drop-off by TukTuk
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
All hotels and places in Negombo, Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Waikkal
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Hotel pickup & drop off can also be arranged outside of Negombo depending on your location (additional charge may apply)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beyond Escapes
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsNature and WildlifeSafarisTuk Tuk Tours Eco ToursPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingColomboShore Excursions - NegomboNature and Wildlife - NegomboSafaris - NegomboTuk Tuk Tours - NegomboEco Tours - NegomboPorts of Call Tours - NegomboShore Excursions - KalutaraNature and Wildlife - KalutaraSafaris - KalutaraTuk Tuk Tours - KalutaraEco Tours - KalutaraPorts of Call Tours - KalutaraShore Excursions - BentotaNature and Wildlife - BentotaSafaris - BentotaTuk Tuk Tours - BentotaEco Tours - BentotaPorts of Call Tours - BentotaCategory