- Private shore excursion of Cozumel
- See Cozumel’s landmarks and learn their history on a city tour
- Visit a chocolate factory, a tequila bar, and a local beach for swimming and snorkeling
- Check out the San Gervasio Mayan ruins
- Tour accommodates up to nine people
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned van from the cruise-ship or ferry pier included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Hear the history behind the landmarks downtown on a city tour. Then, stop at a chocolate factory to learn about how the Maya people made and used chocolate. Follow your chocolate lesson with a tasty tequila tasting and a visit to Pueblo del Maiz to learn how to make corn tortillas.
Next, opt to explore the San Gervasio Maya (entry at your own expense) ruins. Continue along the coastal highway, stopping for photo ops as you like. This stretch of the tour is a good time to purchase lunch at one of the beachfront restaurants, and your guide has recommendations on hand.
Finish your outing at the beach of Palancar, where you can swim, snorkel, or just relax in a hammock under the coconut palm trees. Your shore excursion ends with return transport to the pier.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important: At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Important: Departures are available every 30 minutes from 8am to 5pm. Please contact the local tour operator to advise of your chosen time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tours Plaza
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Insist they meet you at your cruise pier (there are many) so you do not have to walk or take a taxi to meet your driver" See review
- "I highly recommend this tour versus the larger group tours offered off the cruise ships!" See review
- "We then visited the San Gervasio Mayan ruins, based on Leo's recommendation we purchase a tour guide for the ruins, this was well worth the extra money." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews