8 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Experience some of Datong’s top historic attractions on this guided excursion. After a convenient hotel pickup, learn about this ancient capital city from an informative local guide and explore a cave system containing hundreds of grottoes and tens of thousands of stone sculptures. Enjoy a delicious complimentary lunch, then head to the Hanging Temple, a 1,500-year-old wooden monastery, and Nine Dragon Wall, built in the late Ming Dynasty.
- Explore the ancient Chinese capital of Datong on an all-day guided tour
- Visit landmarks like Yuagang Grottoes, Hanging Temple, and 9 Dragon Wall
- Enjoy a tasty lunch and learn about the region from a knowledgeable guide
- Make the most of limited time with convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Private transfers in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
Chinese style lunch
Entrance fees as list in the itinerary
Departure & Return
Yong Tai Men Nei Jie, Datong Shi, Shanxi Sheng, China
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour guide will contact you the evening before the tour date
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Tour guide for other languages is available, please advise to note and pay extra 50 USD per group
- If you have dietary demands please leave a special requirement when booking the tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY China Travel Service
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during One Day Classic Datong Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during One Day Classic Datong Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during One Day Classic Datong Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during One Day Classic Datong Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
One Day Classic Datong Tour
3 hours 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingDatongBus Tours - Northern ChinaHistorical Tours - Northern ChinaFull-day Tours - Northern ChinaBus Tours - BeijingHistorical Tours - BeijingFull-day Tours - BeijingBus Tours - PingyaoHistorical Tours - PingyaoFull-day Tours - PingyaoCategory