- Kayak through Blue Springs State Park and observe manatees
- Observe the local wildlife from a safe distance
- Novice kayakers are welcome to join—tour is suitable for all skill levels
- A small group ensures personal service
Departure & Return
Go to the very end of French Ave, 1 mile past the State Park.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your guide provides a safety briefing, basic paddling instruction, and guidelines for observing Florida's wildlife. Then hop in your kayak and follow your guide to the spring. At the spring, your guide points out the best places to view the manatees, and answers any questions about the 'sea cow.'
After watching the manatees, continue to the Snake River and kayak through a creek that shelters an abundance of wildlife. There you might see manatees, otters, alligators, bald eagles, osprey, red-shouldered hawks, large wading birds, coots, moorhens, and wild hogs.
On the return to your car, make a final stop on a wooden boardwalk to look at manatees. After your tour, feel free to remain on your own at the park for a picnic or snorkeling.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is no minimum age however all participants must know how to swim
- It is recommended that you bring a swimsuit, towel, waterproof camera and wear clothes that can get wet and possibly dirty
- To ensure a proper size kayak is available, please provide your individual heights and weights at the time of booking
- There is no restroom at the meeting location. There is a public restroom at Valentine Park (1511 W French Ave, Orange City, FL 32763) about a mile before you arrive the meeting location that we recommend you use before your tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Adventures in Florida
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Orlando Manatee Encounters.